In mid-December, signs of a re-opening of China resulted in revised forecasts by most analysts for China's economy in 2023. Almost two months later, China is fully open again but at the same time, the country is seeing a new wave of infections taking a toll on the economy.
To give us an outlook on 2023, Sweden China Trade Council is inviting Peter Ling-Vannerus, Chief representative at SEB in Beijing, for a presentation of the Chinese economy ahead. The webinar will discuss some of the following questions:
- What effects have the last years' zero covid tolerance had on the overall economy?
- What will happen now that the country is fully open again, but with many countries having imposed Covid-tests and restrictions for travelers from China?
- Will the Real Estate sector be able to revitalize itself?
- Will energy shortages again hit parts of the manufacturing industries?
- Will there be new stimulus packages and will consumption recover?
Where? Webinar – a link will be sent out to registered participants ahead of the event, sign up no later than 4 PM on February 15.